Mole and skin tag removal is often a very quick and normally almost pain-free. As well as Mole removal, we also proide skin tag removal and milia removal treatments.
We treat benign moles, skin tags and milia using short wave diathermy. This is a simple hand held device, following a consultation and confirmation that the mole is benign and safe to remove.
Lesion removal including, Mole, Warts, Skintags, Milia, Spider naevi, Seborrhoeic warts.
treatment is 30 minutes of diathermy many conditions can be treated in one session.
Consultation will be completed before any treatment.
30 mins £85
Advanced electrolysis can be used in several different ways, depending on the skin condition it is being used to treat.
We use a small probe and use a heat current to coagulate the blood within the vessel. Often the results are instant, but sometimes more than one treatment is needed. This is the process used for red veins and cherry spots.
Skin tags appear due to friction and often are for use on the underarms, neck and chest. We use the same process to cut the blood supply to the excess skin. The skin tag will darken and fall away from the skin without causing trauma to the surrounding area. The same process is done for Seborrheic warts and DPNs. Milia are small hard white bumps under the skin that form from excess minerals. A good skincare programme can help prevent these; however, to remove them we use a small probe and electrical current to melt the mineral.
Alternatives to this treatment would be to lance and extract them, but this causes more unnecessary damage to the skin. Nowadays, Advanced Electrolysis is the preferred method.
We can treat facial red veins, cherry spots, skin tags, seborrhoeic warts, Milia (milk spots) and Dermatosis Papulose Nigra with Advanced Electrolysis. We are able to treat all skin types using advanced electrolysis.
Almost every area of the body can be treated with advanced electrolysis, excluding the areas close to the eye and very intimate areas.
For facial red veins, the capillaries may disappear or appear diffused after a few minutes.
The general area will flush red and can last for a couple of hours.
For cherry spots, we recommend one to three treatments, every four weeks.
For skin tags and Milia, you will need one or two treatments. Usually one is enough but sometimes you may need treatment again after four weeks if the skin tag or milia is very large. Often if you have one milia, you will have more, we can spread treatments across appointments to achieve the desired results on all of the affected areas.
Prior to your treatment ensure sun exposure is kept to a minimum and you advise your clinic if you have had recent sun exposure. Do not use any active skincare products, including retinol, glycolic, salicylic acid products for 1 – 2 weeks prior to the treatment. Do not have any facial treatments or skin peels, for 1 – 2 weeks before treatment.
Advanced electrolysis is a non-invasive treatment used to treat skin tags, milia (milk spots) or veins. The exact time required to treat your concern will be discussed at consultation however 60 minute treatment this includes 30 minutes of treatment and 30 minutes of consultation plus any numbing is £85.
Some clients will experience mild redness or swelling immediately following their advanced electrolysis, however your skin will return to normal the following day. Some light scabbing may appear.
You should also avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks before and after treatment.
Sometimes one session can reduce or remove your concern. However, sometimes 6 treatments are needed depending on the severity of your condition, and have a treatment once every 4 weeks.
Most clients describe it as a mild warming sensation. we are highly skilled, and will adapt your treatment to suit each individual client.
- The Client must not touch the treated area and must not under any circumstances remove any scab that may appear. The area should be treated as a bump.
- The client should apply the aftercare lotion regularly with clean freshly washed hands or fresh cotton wool, a minimum of once following treatment that day and next morning.
- The treatment area can, if absolutely necessary, be washed or cleansed but soap should be avoided. A very gentle cleanser should be used and the area should be dried with paper tissues, not towels.
- Do nothing to cause sweating or dilation of the capillaries like exercise, hot foods, alcohol etc.
- Avoid the possible causes of thread veins like tight fitting glasses squeezing spots, blowing nose hard etc.
No sunbathing, swimming, sunbeds, saunas, facial steaming, facial scrubs – complete sunblock must be worn for at least 48 hours after treatment and preferably for longer. The area of treatment and any area showing a predisposition ot telangiectasia, should be protected by a sun screen at all times, particularly in the summer months.
- Normally after 48 hours pin dot scabs may appear thereby sealing the skin and preventing infection. These must not be picked off. The skin should be kept dry and clean until these fall off in their own time. Picking the scabs will result in unwanted scarring. These may or may not become apparent but they may be felt rather than seen.
- The client should avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or irritants such as perfumes, fake tan products, perfumed body lotions etc.
- Please be aware that bad after-care will not only negate the treatment but may compound the original problem. The salon does not hold any responsibility for any scarring as a result of bad after-care.
- Milia’s are often caused by excess mineral in your skincare regime. I can advise you on what products can be used to prevent further milia’s from occurring.