At Kate Taylor skin and aesthetics, we offer a variety of industry leading Skin Peels that involve applying a non-toxic chemical solution to the skin that removes the top layer of dead skin cells and encourages new ones to grow, revealing the softer, smoother skin beneath.
What Are Skin Peels?
Skin Peels are the low maintenance answer to flawless, de-congested skin. You’re one peel away from brighter, smoother, younger-looking skin. They are ultra-effective treatments, and the beauty industry’s first choice when it comes to our own skincare essentials. But if you’re like 99% of the population and a little bit scared and yet to try a peel, read on. In reality, peels are a powerful, flexible addition to your beauty regime, whether you want to cleanse deeply or effectively treat everything from fine lines to acne.
They harness the power of naturally occurring acids and active ingredients to deeply exfoliate and brighten the skin. The treatment stimulates new cell growth and collagen production, helping to reveal fresher, clearer, brighter skin.
Different peels work in different ways, though the process is similar for all. After prepping and protecting delicate areas like around your eyes, your specialist will gently brush on the peel solution. You might feel a little tingly and it will feel warm on your face this is the active ingredients getting to work. After the peel, we will cleanse away every trace of the peel, then to be sure there’s nothing active left on your skin, using a specially formulated neutralising solution. They’ll then moisturise, sooth and protect with appropriate products.
You’ll need to prepare your skin for this treatment using DermaQuest or Epionce recommended products. Depending on your skin type, you’ll need to prepare for between two to six weeks. It’s important that your skin is in good health prior to this peel, so you’ll be advised to use homecare products to strengthen, hydrate and protect the skin’s barrier before starting your clear skin journey.
Your skin must be prepared for your treatment to ensure you experience minimal downtime. It will also help you achieve the best long-lasting results.
How else should I prepare for my treatment?
- Do not use products containing retinol/Retin A or strong AHA fruit acids prior to or during your treatment
- Do not bleach or use depilators/shave for at least 1 week prior to treatment or perfumed/aromatherapy products for 24-48 hours before treatment
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before treatment
- Keep the area clean and dry
- Physical sunblock should be worn at all times minimum (SPF 30)
- Try to avoid sun exposure and sun beds for four week before treatment
- Avoid use of irritants or stimulant solutions or creams on the area